Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Philippine Arena Eyed As Viewing Area For BBM Inauguration

Philippine Arena Eyed As Viewing Area For BBM Inauguration

Spotlight

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is eyeing the Philippine Arena as one of the ideal areas where large LED television will be set up to allow more supporters to witness the inauguration of President-elect Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on June 30.

“If the Philippine Arena were used as a remote viewing area, it could accommodate around 70,000 inside and another 100,000 outside, particularly in the front area of the arena,” said Maj. Gen. Valeriano de Leon, PNP director for operations, in a statement on Sunday.

De Leon said they are now coordinating with the camp of Marcos on their proposal to use the Philippine Arena in Bulacan as one of the viewing areas, along with other strategic places that can accommodate a large number of people.

Aside from the Philippine Arena, De Leon said another area where they could set up a viewing area for live streaming of the inauguration would be the Philippine Sports Center in Pasig City, which could accommodate up to 40,000 people.

He said they will also push for the use of the North Luzon Express Terminal, also in Bulacan, and the Mall of Asia in Pasay City.

“If viewing areas were set up in these areas, then they could greatly reduce the number of people at the National Museum in Manila, which can only accommodate a limited number of people,” De Leon said.

He said based on the initial assessment, more or less 1,200 people will be allowed at the National Museum.

He said they are also ready to set up more viewing areas in other parts of the country.

De Leon said they are currently coordinating with the management and owners of the large LED televisions along Edsa and other parts of the country to accommodate the livestreaming of Marco’s inauguration as the country’s 17th President.

“Let us set aside the business side first, just for a few hours on June 30th, because it is not the new administration who would benefit from this but the entire Filipino people, whether they voted for the President-elect or not,” he added.

De Leon said the proposal is gaining support from the owners and management of the LED televisions and from other sectors.

He earlier instructed regional commanders to find suitable areas in their areas of responsibility where large TV screens could be set up for the June 30 inauguration day.

“We are continuously discussing the locations of these viewing areas based on the recommendations of our Regional Directors and in coordination with the camp of our President-elect Bongbong Marcos,” De Leon.

 

All systems go

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said all systems are in place to secure the inauguration of Marcos, son of former President Ferdinand E. Marcos Sr.

In a statement on Saturday night, NCRPO chief Maj. Gen. Felipe Natividad said final security preparation had been laid down and finalized to ensure success and zero casualty and any untoward incident.

“We have not monitored any threat ahead as of this moment but we are continuously and closely monitoring and coordinating with our counterparts,” Natividad said.

He said several road closures, the 1-kilometer radius of the National Museum will be declared a no-fly zone for drones and aircraft, while several ports and waterways near the establishment have also been inspected.

Natividad said gun ban will be imposed from 6 a.m. on June 27 to 6 a.m. on July 1, adding only police and military and other law enforcers who are performing official duties in prescribed uniforms will be authorized to carry firearms.

Motorists are advised to take alternate routes as heavy traffic will be expected, particularly in roads leading to and from the National Museum.

Backpacks also not be allowed in all VIP areas to ensure the safety of everyone.

At least 6,000 police officers will be deployed for Marcos’ inauguration. (PNA)

Latest News

Spotlight

The Talk

More Stories

Learners In Typhoon-Hit Southern Leyte To Hold Classes In Tents

While classrooms in Southern Leyte are still under repairs and construction, some students will have their class in tents.

DOH No Longer Supports Use Of Schools As Quarantine Facilities

Schools are no long supported by the Department of Health as isolation and quarantine facilities.

Allot More Funds For Poll Workers Honoraria, Comelec Urges Solons

The Commission on Election calls for lawmakers to provide more funds for the honoraria of poll workers and other positions in the election board.

DOST-Aided Firm ‘Most Outstanding Small Enterprise’ In Davao

With the help from the Department of Science and Technology, a bakeshop in Davao del Sur has been recognize as the most outstanding small business in the region.

Antique Cops’ Outreach Program To Serve IPs

A memorandum of agreement between the San Jose de Buenavista town police and the San Jose Multi-Purpose Cooperative to give 30 families and 50 children a feeding and gift-giving program

Entertainment

Travel

Motoring