Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Antique Public Schools Told To Prepare For F2F Classes

Antique Public Schools Told To Prepare For F2F Classes

Spotlight

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Public and private schools in Antique have been instructed to make the necessary preparations if they wish to participate in the pilot face-to-face (F2F) classes this year.

The Department of Education (DepEd) Schools Division Office (SDO) of Antique on Wednesday raised the possibility of more schools in the province to open, given that three schools have joined the pilot implementation in 2021.

As part of the preparations, the schools were told to install handwashing facilities and set up a temperature check at the gate of the school, provide foot markings for learners to follow going to their classrooms, and arrange students’ desks to observe safe physical distancing.

“So far, there had been no major problems that had transpired with the three schools piloted for face-to-face classes in Antique that the DepEd Central Office might announce to have additional schools,” Evelyn Remo, chief of School Governance and Operations of SDO-Antique, said in an interview.

She said that no learner has been reported to have shown symptoms of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) when the Igsoro Integrated School in Bugasong, Mayabay Elementary School in Barbaza, and Antique National School (ANS) in San Jose de Buenavista reopened after the holidays.

“Last January 3, the three pilot schools again smoothly conducted their face-to-face classes after the Christmas break,” she said.

Remo said the learners seemed to have imbibed the discipline among themselves by properly observing the safe physical distancing and other health protocols.

“It seemed that the Covid-19 health protocol, such as proper handwashing and safe physical distancing, had already been part of their lifestyle,” she said.

Excluding the three pilot schools, Antique has 472 public elementary, six integrated schools, and 53 secondary schools, as well as 62 private elementary and 18 secondary schools that have yet to join the face-to-face classes.

As of January 5, the province, which is currently under Alert Level 2, has 12 active Covid-19 cases. (PNA)

Latest News

Spotlight

The Talk

More Stories

Learners In Typhoon-Hit Southern Leyte To Hold Classes In Tents

While classrooms in Southern Leyte are still under repairs and construction, some students will have their class in tents.

DOH No Longer Supports Use Of Schools As Quarantine Facilities

Schools are no long supported by the Department of Health as isolation and quarantine facilities.

Allot More Funds For Poll Workers Honoraria, Comelec Urges Solons

The Commission on Election calls for lawmakers to provide more funds for the honoraria of poll workers and other positions in the election board.

DOST-Aided Firm ‘Most Outstanding Small Enterprise’ In Davao

With the help from the Department of Science and Technology, a bakeshop in Davao del Sur has been recognize as the most outstanding small business in the region.

Antique Cops’ Outreach Program To Serve IPs

A memorandum of agreement between the San Jose de Buenavista town police and the San Jose Multi-Purpose Cooperative to give 30 families and 50 children a feeding and gift-giving program

Entertainment

Travel

Motoring