Ever Bilena’s Blackwater Women Drops A Sweet New Fragrance Line

From fruity gummies to elegant macarons, Blackwater Women’s new body sprays are a treat for every personality and occasion. #BWWomen #EverOrganics #ForeverBeauty #BetterThanBasic #EverBilena #YouFirst

328 Barangays Get Funding For Establishment Of Child Development Centers

Makatutulong ang bagong pondo sa 328 barangays sa pagbuo ng Child Development Centers, siguradong makikinabang ang mga bata sa maagang pag-aaral.

Early Childhood Education In Philippines To Get A Boost From PHP1 Billion Investment

Ang pondo ng gobyerno na PHP 1 bilyon para sa maagang edukasyon ay isang tagumpay para sa mga batang Pilipino sa mga underserved na komunidad.

More Baguio Folks Engage In Urban Agriculture For Food Sustainability

Ang proyekto ng agrikultura sa Baguio ay nagbibigay ng mga oportunidad sa mga kabataan at nagtataguyod ng pag-unlad sa lokal na sektor ng agrikultura.

Japanese Boxer Admits Defeat Despite Official Win Against Filipino Opponent

Sa kabila ng pag-aanunsyo pagkapanalo ni Kurihara, naniwala siya na hindi tunay na siya ay nagtagumpay sa laban.
By Julianne Borje

Japanese Boxer Admits Defeat Despite Official Win Against Filipino Opponent

2919
2919

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

Japanese boxer, Keita Kurihara, displayed respect and true sportsmanship as he renounced his win against Filipino journeyman Renan Portes last Monday at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo.

A usual eight-round boxing match took a peculiar twist after a whirlwind of emotions as Kurihara addressed the crowd and willingly said, “I didn’t win this fight,” soon after he was announced as the winner by split decision.

It was a split decision, with one Japanese judge scoring it 78-74 in favor of Kurihara and the other scoring it 78-74 in favor of Portes.

A Facebook video went viral showing Kurihara’s regret apologizing to Portes while they’re inside the Bukidnon native’s locker room.

Kurihara, speaking through a translator in the Bukidnon native’s locker room, said, “I was declared the winner, but I believe I lost. It’s shameful that I was declared the winner. I apologize.”

A victory would have been crucial for Portes, but he instead suffered his 17th loss, adding to his 13 wins. On the other hand, Kurihara improved his record to 19 wins, 8 losses, and 1 draw, with 16 of those wins coming by knockout.

Before his match against Portes, Kurihara had already secured a win against another Filipino boxer, Froilan Saludar, in a rematch held last January in Cebu. In that fight, Kurihara knocked out Saludar, a former world title contender, in the eighth round.

The loss was particularly crushing for the 35-year-old Portes, who had made a promise to his daughter that he would return home victorious.

In the video, Portes said, “I promised my child that I won’t return home a loser.”

He added, “In the sixth round, I felt groggy but [I fought back] because I promised my child I would bring home the victory.”

A translator told Portes, “He said you won,” as Kurihara, still overwhelmed with grief, knelt beside the Filipino, apologizing. “He believes you won, and that’s what you should tell your child. He’ll fight to ensure the record shows that you won.”

H/T: sports.inquirer.net
Photo Credit: www.facebook.com/edmondlapitandellosa