328 Barangays Get Funding For Establishment Of Child Development Centers

Makatutulong ang bagong pondo sa 328 barangays sa pagbuo ng Child Development Centers, siguradong makikinabang ang mga bata sa maagang pag-aaral.

Early Childhood Education In Philippines To Get A Boost From PHP1 Billion Investment

Ang pondo ng gobyerno na PHP 1 bilyon para sa maagang edukasyon ay isang tagumpay para sa mga batang Pilipino sa mga underserved na komunidad.

More Baguio Folks Engage In Urban Agriculture For Food Sustainability

Ang proyekto ng agrikultura sa Baguio ay nagbibigay ng mga oportunidad sa mga kabataan at nagtataguyod ng pag-unlad sa lokal na sektor ng agrikultura.

Borongan City Kicks Off PHP118 Million People’s Survival Fund Project

Ang bagong proyekto sa Borongan City, na nagkakahalaga ng PHP118 milyon, ay nakatuon sa flood protection at pagbuo ng mas matatag na mga komunidad.

No Hoarding In NegOr Amid Covid-19 Threat

By The Philippine Post

No Hoarding In NegOr Amid Covid-19 Threat

0
0

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

There is no hoarding of basic commodities in Negros Oriental even as other areas report about panic buying due to the threat of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

Dumaguete-based businessman Edward Du, who is the Central Visayas regional governor of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI), on Monday assured that there is enough supply of food and other commodities in the province except for alcohol and face masks.

Du said Governor Roel Degamo had tasked him to facilitate the holding of the Provincial Price Monitoring Council (PPMC) and Small and Medium Enterprises Development (SMED) Council joint meeting to tackle issues and concerns of the business sector.

He said that so far, based on reports from members of both councils, they have not received or monitored matters of urgency, such as depletion of rice stocks, hoarding, and over-pricing, among others.

He added there is a continual supply of food items, processed or fresh, or both at the wet markets, grocery stores and supermarkets.

Du said the business sector believes hoarding here would easily be detected.

Also, there have been no reports of panic buying and the shelves in grocery stores and supermarkets are full, he said.

On rice stocks, two of the province’s leading commercial suppliers, Edward Uy and Danford Sy, have assured there is plenty of supply of the staple, while the National Food Authority here also has enough buffer stock, he added.

Du, co-chair of the SMED council, said that on Friday, the two councils have agreed to conduct an inspection of business establishments here to check on possible overpricing.

The Department of Trade and Industry, Department of Agriculture, and the Food and Drug Administration will conduct the monitoring and enforcement of drugstores, grocery stores, the public market, and other establishments for violations.

If there are violations, a report will be submitted to the governor for him to decide on the possible sanctions, Du said. (PNA)