‘The Ripple’ Podcast To Feature Ben&Ben, Moira, SB19, And More

This Monday, The Ripple podcast welcomes a lineup of music icons including Moira Dela Torre and SB19.

‘My Love Will Make You Disappear’ Makes PHP40 Million In Four Days

In its opening weekend, "My Love Will Make You Disappear" takes the box office by storm, earning PHP40 million.

DBM: Infra Spending Reaches PHP1.545 Trillion In 2024

Ang imprastraktura ng bansa ay umabot sa PHP1.545 trilyon sa 2024, nagpakita ng pagtaas na 8.9 porsyento mula sa nakaraang taon.

DSWD Uses Holistic Approach To Address Gender-Based Violence

DSWD patuloy na nagbibigay ng komprehensibong programa upang suportahan ang mga biktima at perpetrator ng karahasan batay sa kasarian.

PCOO Chief: IBC-13 Privatization Making Progress

By The Philippine Post

PCOO Chief: IBC-13 Privatization Making Progress

12
12

How do you feel about this story?

Like
Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

The process of privatizing the Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation or IBC Channel 13 is already making significant progress, Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar said.

Andanar bared that the franchise of IBC-13 would be renewed to be more “enticing” before it is sold to a private firm.

“Mayroon na tayong mga nasolusyunan na mga malalaking problema din tulad noong sa BIR clearance. Eh kasi hindi mo mabebenta iyong IBC-13 kung wala siyang tax clearance (We were able to solve big problems like previously, the Bureau of Internal Revenue clearance. Because we won’t be able to sell IBC-13 without tax clearance),” Andanar said over Radyo Pilipinas.

“It was a good negotiation with the BIR kaya (that’s why), we thank the Commissioner for giving the IBC this tax clearance para nga makuha natin iyong extended na (so that we could get an extended) franchise,” he added.

Andanar also thanked the Office of the Executive Secretary and the Privatization Commission for helping hasten the privatization process.

“We really need to renew the franchise of IBC 13, which is a government station, to another 25 years and then we sell it,” he added.

If everything goes smoothly, Andanar said employees of IBC-13 could expect “good news” very soon, but did not elaborate.

PCOO Assistant Secretary Kris Ablan, for his part, expressed excitement on recent developments involving the privatization process.

“That’s the good news po. Madami pong magiging masaya na mga empleyado ng IBC (There will be a lot of IBC employees who will be happy),” Ablan said.

IBC-13 is headed by its CEO and president, former Tourism Undersecretary Kat de Castro.

De Castro earlier vowed to “revive” the station by broadcasting more ‘80s and ‘90s shows and strengthening its presence on Facebook, YouTube, and other platforms. (PNA)

Photo Credit: facebook.com/martinmandanar